This tutorial will show you how to set up the domain name and web-hosting for your website.
The domain name (also called the web-address) is the thing that people type in to go to the website. For example, my domain name is CollegeWebPro.com. Web-hosting is online storage that holds the files that make up your website. When someone types your domain name into a web-browser, it displays the files stored on the web-hosting. You need both of these things set up (and connected) to have a working website.
So here's how to set it up...
1. Go to CollegeWebPro.com and click on the button that says Register Now.
2. On this page, if you've never registered the name before select Register a new domain name. If you've already registered the domain elsewhere (e.g. GoDaddy) then select Use a domain name you already registered.
Type in your domain name. It doesn't matter how you capitalize it. DO NOT type in "www", any punctuation, any extra spaces, or the extension (.com, .net, etc.). You should select the extension from the drop-down menu.
3. Click continue.
4. This is what your shopping cart should look like if you're registering a new domain name. If you already registered the domain name somewhere else it may look slightly different.
5. Enter in your customer details and choose a password.
6. Leave promotional code blank. Type in your payment details, agree to the terms of service, and click Checkout.
7. Check your e-mail. In a minute or two you'll receive a confirmation e-mail. Then, 12-24 hours later the hosting account will be set up and you'll receive an e-mail with the subject line "Welcome to College Web Pro" that contains all your login information.